Monday, March 21, 2011

Part two, Monday, March 21, 2011




Good afternoon - 2nd post of the day - this is not using any oldie moldie paper. Recently The Paper Shelter was featured on Operation Write Home - Stars and Stamps blog - they offered up the prize for a challenge - of course I had to check them out and I think I have fallen in love. They offer images that are both ready for you color and already colored. Today I have chosen to use two of the images that were already colored.

I used "Dressed Up As An Easter Bunny" for a card - this is a shaker card - as you can see hard to take a picture without getting glare from the plastic in the shaker. I never made shaker cards before but with these new premade insets - easy peasy - I did this with my friend Mary yesterday - because after years of teaching - she has all the stuff to put into the shaker. I have flowers, butterflies and easter eggs inside my shaker.

The first card is based on the sketch at Mojo Monday - I have not done one of their sketches for a very long time but it seemed just perfect for the rectangle shape of my Bee Bear. I love this set of papers from Basic Grey. This is a card for my daughter Carrie Bea.

I am entering both cards in the Spring Fling challenge on the Paper Shelter blog weekly challenge.

For my distressing on the Bee card - I used chalk - I normally use ink - but have discovered the ease of using chalk to distress and to also use chalk to color your backgrounds after you have colored an image.

Everyone enjoy the remainder of your day. I am excited that Dancing With the Stars returns tonight - I only recognize the names of two people who are the stars. I think it will be interesting as always.

8 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Two very lovely cards you have made. They are both supercute. Thanks for playing with us over at TPS Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Debs said...

Great cards, I love shaker cards . Thaks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Hugs

Cheryl Valadez said...

These are adorable! I love that you used the colored images. So easy to create a fabulous card ;D Wonderful work! Thanks for joining the challenge this week at The Paper Shelter! Hugz, Cheryl

Beverly Montez said...

both cards are just soooo sweet. Great papers anad images.
XO
Beverly

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at TPS......

Hugs
Judith

Sandra said...

Beautiful cards...thanks for joining us this week at TPS.

Take care
San x

Caroline said...

two sweet cards, gorgeous papers and of course the images are so cute Thanks for joining us @ the Paper Shelter x

DIANA L. said...

These are beautiful TFS
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com