Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday, March 12, 2011



Good evening. Had a busy day - drove to see my Mom, visited with her, my brother and his daughter for a few hours and then headed back home. I did manage to do some retail therapy or stimulation of the paper industry on my way home. I do miss having a local scrapbook store. I miss that supply of Bazzill to match the project I am working on.

Today's card is based on the sketch at My Mind's Eye Blog. Just happened upon it. on my second try, I did get a card that turned out.

The flower on the card is made using coffee filters. I die cut them with a spellbinders die I had in three different sized - I believe there are 4 layers for each size. I inked each layer with Distress Ink - let dry and then threw them in some hot water - I did not want a deep orange - just a touch of orange on my flower. I put the layers together with a small brad and then scranched up all the layers still wet and wrapped a rubber band around it to keep it together while it dried. I found the perfect pearl in my supplies to finish the center. I added the twine behind the flower - that brought the card all together for me.

Well I need to go and maybe make a card or maybe get ready to call it a day - it was a long one.

2 comments:

Ivanka said...

Beautiful! I love the papers and the flower is just gorgeous.

Yvonne B. said...

Your flower really turned out nice and the papers work very well with that sketch! Very pretty!
--Yvonne (stampingpenguin)
http://penguinpapers.net