Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday, March 22, 2011






Good Wednesday morning. Today I am going to share with you two cards I made using the same digital image. One of the great advantages to using digi images is being able to make them any size. Both of my cards use the same image but they are so different. The image is from I Brake For Digis.

On the first card I used a small version of the butterfly and just stacked them three in a row. They were colored with Copic markers that perfectly matched the patterned paper (that was a happy accident that it matched so well.) I pop dotted the sentiment. This was a card I made over the week end for the virtual cardmaking party on Operation Write Home’s facebook page.

The second card is very dimensional. I used the same image but larger. I first printed it on paper, colored it and cut the image out with a spellbinder. I then colored two more images which I cut out. I bent the two cut out butterflies in the center so they had some dimension and layered them on top of each other on the card – I did post a close up of the butterfly. I really did not have a spot for the sentiment so added it on top slightly hanging over the top edge. I sent this to one of my daughters with her favorite Easter candy. Hopefully she enjoys both. The card is even a little “green” – the ribbon was recycled off of something I received – a plant or gift – I don’t remember – but it was so pretty I could not throw away and there was lots of it – just had to work around the wrinkles in the ribbon.

Everyone have a wonderful day. One more day of work and then I have a long week end. Maybe I will get some more housecleaning done. Hopefully more cardmaking done.

1 comment:

Yvonne B. said...

I really like your butterflies. Thanks for showing the different angles (great photos) so we can see the detail. Very nice card.