Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bee Happy



Good afternoon - I made a card this morning before I went to run some errands. I am pretty happy with the card - yesterday I was having such a bad mo jo, creativity, mood day that I think today will be much better.

I actually combined 3 challenges into this one card.

1. The challenge on The Paper Shelter blog was to use a flower.

2. The sketch from The Sweet Shop.

3. Bingo from the Shabby Tea Room.

I used a already colored digital image from The Paper Shelter for the focal point on my card. There challenge was to use a flower or flower on your card. I made a little flower which is sitting in the center of my bow. The flower is cut with one size of spellbinders circle and it is made from pattern paper tissue leftover from my sewing days - we probably could make a billon flowers with all the pattern I have in my house that will never be used again. The bow is out of torn strips of muslin which were tea or coffee stained.

The sketch is from The Sweet Shop. Love their sketches - becaue they like layers - like me - unfortunately I don't always get to play along every week.

The Shabby Tea Room is having a challenge called bingo - they have a bingo card so you can choose any 3 items in a row to place on your card. I chose the row that had lace, flower and embossing. The lace and flower are obvious but the dry embossing is on the panel behind the bee.

Add a little sewing and one of those great stickers from SRM and I have a card I am very happy with. I think this card will be mailed to my sister Bonnie Bea.

Everyone enjoy your day.

Card details:
Size: 4.5 x 6
Paper: My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose
Image: The Paper Shelter
SRM Sticker

9 comments:

Debs said...

Great card, love your colouring and that flower is awesome, thaks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Hugs

Cards By MI said...

Very sweet. Lovely flower and bow. A greatn card in all ways. Thanks for playing with us over at the TPS Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Dawn said...

Sooo cute!

Pattie said...

Awww...he's adorable! Love the shabby little details here! So glad you could play along with us in the Tea Room this week!

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at
TPS......

Hugs
Judith

Dawn Easton said...

Oh how cute! That is an adorable image!!!! Sweet card!

Trees said...

Lovely card, love that flower! The Shabby Tea Room.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, Thank you for joining in with us at TPS this week.
good luck
Kevin xx

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your colouring and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the Challenge. with hugs Shirleyx