Monday, April 19, 2010

Oldie Moldie Monday - 4-19-2010





Good Monday morning – I thought I would post before I head out the door for work today. Hope yo have a wonderful week planned whether it be work or play – and as always hope it includes some creative time – creativity is good for the soul.

It is Oldie Moldie Monday – time to dig into your supplies and find some of that paper that you once loved but never used, it got buried in the bottom of the pile with new paper put on top – now is time to dig it out and make some beautiful cards. It is just amazing what you can do with that well aged paper. And ultimately – the next time you go to the LSS – you won’t feel too guilty about buying new paper because you have used up some of your supplies. My friend Ivanka and I do this every Monday and we have a Flicker site – where you can join use – and post your lovely creations for that once loved paper. In May – we are having a challenge “oldie moldie Monday” – more details to follow. Did I say there would be prizes.

One of the wonderful things you can do with your paper is to make cards for Operation Write Home – make cards for soldiers to send home to their families and friends – everyone tells me there are no Hallmarks where the battles are – and of course – the cards we create with such love – are so much better than Hallmark. Operation Write Home has a card blog – and each week – they have several challenges. On Sunday they have a Sketch – on Wednesday there is another challenge. Please stop by and check their site out and make some cards for our soldiers and their families.

Plus I dug into my scraps of paper and found coordinating cardstock to use with the cards. Obviously I had some project that I used this red on. I also found full sheets in my drawer – must have been a good sale on that cardstock – but so far I have just used scraps of everything. That makes you feel good also.

My first card is based on the sketch from the Operation Write Home card blog. So far – I have gotten 3 cards made from the paper I chose to work with today. I used some of the paper on 12 recipe pages I made for a swap and now I am trying to make cards from the remainder of it.

Everyone have a wonderful day and week. Come back tomorrow to see two cards I made – same design but one is masculine and one is feminine. Are you intrigued? I hope so.

Card One:
Pattern Paper: Carson Dellosa
Stamp: Anita’s
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
Flowers: from the supplies
Cuddlebug Embossing folder
Recycled cardstock for base

Card Two
Pattern Paper: Carson Dellosa
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
SRM sentiment sticker
Sizzlit Die cut for button
May Arts twine

Card Three
Pattern Paper: Carson Dellosa
Stamp: no idea (foam stamp) Sentiment: Hero Arts
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)




4 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards! I linked from OWH to see your sketch card and was treated to three, thanks!

Karen Howard said...

Love all three cards, Barb! The paper is really beautiful, no wonder you can't put it down!

mmwilken said...

Thanks for letting us see the pretty card. Love the colors! Gives me idea for my mother's day cards!!

Susan said...

Nicely done!
Susan