Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday 4-18/10









Good Sunday afternoon - beautiful day outside - the wind stopped blowing so much more enjoyable. I managed to do some more dirt therapy and got one flower bed cleaned up - going to head out shortly and put Preen on it and see if that helps with the weeds. I don't think I disturbed too much of the new plants coming up. I know I will have some retail plant therapy in my future when the bed establishes itself some more - we are lucky to have some wonderful perennial stores around our area so I imagine I will be visiting some.
April has Earth Day. Do you know Earth Day was first established in Wisconsin. I have a daughter who teaches environmental education so do strive to try to live"somewhat green". Try is the operative word. My cards and recipe pages all have one thing in common - the base of all of them is recycled. It is the back cover from commencement programs. I can't throw away good cardstock so I always save whatever I can from the programs I end up throwing out. I also have grey cardstock from a previous style of program. What do you do to reduce, reuse, recycle when you are making cards? Also all the patterned paper on these designs are from paper that I describe as "oldie moldie" - paper you once loved but lost their way to the bottom of the piles - dug out to make something beautiful. Come join me and Ivanka on Oldie Moldie Mondays to see what great finds we have in our supplies. We also have a Flicker gallery where you can share you "oldie moldie" creations.
Card One
Patterned Paper: EK Success
Stamp: Michael's Dollar stamp
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
Button: American Crafts
DMC floss
Card Two
Patterned Paper: EK Success
Stamp: Hampton Art
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
May Arts Twine

Recipe Page One
Patterned Paper: Carson-Dellasa
Scalloped Border Diecut: Papertrey Ink
Stamp: Hero Arts
The border was painted with acrylic paint to make it green. Inked up and then the background stamp used on the border. Very distressed border - but uses the scraps after the base was cut.
Recipe Page Two
No idea who made the paper - just enough to make 12 pages
Colored Dew Drops with Copics to match green in paper

No comments: