Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday - 4-5-10



Good Monday evening - sorry for the lack of posts - last week did not turn out to be a good one for me. Got another bad cold, then had tears in my retina on my left eye and had to have laser surgery and then to top it off I broke the insert for my crock pot. Being sick, I could not go home to visit my Mom and help her with some things around the house. Hopefully this week will be a better week.
Once again it is Oldie Moldie Monday so need to dig into our piles and piles of beloved paper and do something wonderful and creative with it. These particular pieces of paper will be used all week in an attempt to see how many cards I can make out of 4 whole sheets of paper and some contrast from a striped scrap. Please join us for Oldie Moldie Monday - you can post your cards at our Flicker site. The flowers have been hanging out at the house for awhile also. I believe the ribbons are fairly new purchases (2010). The first card is based on the sketch at the Stars and Stripes blog (Operation Write Home). They have a new sketch each Sunday. I have decided to start making cards for this very worthy cause. I have a goal of 20 and then we will set another goal after that.
The stickers on the card are from Srm Stickers. They have some great stickers for card makers. They also have a blog hop this week plus a sketch. Their monthly challenge is circles.
Everyone have a wonderful evening. Need to see if I can make some more cards out of my 4 sheets of paper - any guesses - (one sheet has been the card base for two so now there are only scraps left for accents)

9 comments:

Ivanka said...

Those are beautiful OMM cards Barb. And for such a great cause too.

Carol L said...

Beautiful cards, I love the color combos! For the remaining scraps, how about a quilt card? 1" squares work perfectly to use up those leftovers:)

Patricia F said...

Great take on the sketch!

Karen Howard said...

Both cards are beautiful! Hope you feel better soon!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining! Feel better soon.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Nice cards, I hope you're feeling better very soon!

Martha said...

Barb it sounds like it was a very rough week! I hope you'll feel better this week. Your cards are lovely and I am so happy that we'll be seeing more cards from you for OWH! I've always loved your work.

Operation Write Home said...

Beautiful cards - I love the color combo!

Betty said...

Love what you did with these! Hope you are back to 100% by now...