Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday, April 21, 2010



Cardmaking goes green. Earth Day is tomorrow - it is founded by Gaylord Nelson 40 years ago. Gaylord Nelson is from Wisconsin.
In an ongoing effort to save trees and money, I have been trying to make cards from my oldie moldie supplies - they are still beautiful - they just got buried by all the new supplies we buy - now don't get me wrong - I have not completely stopped buying - I still can not resist the call of new paper - but if you stay out of the stores it sure helps - and stay off the internet. My cards cut across several challenges. Both cards are from the sketch designs at 2 Sketches 4 You - haven't done these sketches for awhile - I just hate it when life gets in the way of playing with paper. The second challenge is from Die Cuts R Us - it is an earth day challenge to add at least one earth related embellishment. The third challenge is from 365 Cards - Day 50 - item more than a year old (paper), something given to you (shopping bag) and something forgotten (lace) - when you sew you forget you have all these pieces of stuff laying around. Luckily there was enough for the 2 cards.
My embellishments (the flowers) are made from the shopping bag from one of my favorite stores in Madison, WI - The Scrapbook Superstore - I used my Cuddlebug and the circle dies from Spellbinders to cut layers of 3 different sized circles for the large flower. The smaller flowers only use two sized circles but many layers. I distressed them and added a brad to hold them together.
The card base on each card is the covers from programs. I can not throw away good cardstock - even if I have to tear it off things that are being recycled in the trash.
I hope you enjoyed my "a little bit green" creations.

Card One:
Pattern Paper: Carson Dellosa
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
Pearl flourish: Prima
Pearl Brads: Spare Parts (Hobby Lobby Brand)
Lace: Sewing Supplies
Card Two:
Pattern Paper: Carson DellosaStamp: InkadinkadoInk: Colorbox Chalk Ink (Chestnut Roan)
Pearl flourish: Prima
Pearl Brads: Spare Parts (Hobby Lobby Brand)
Lace: Sewing Supplies

13 comments:

Cara said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing with DCRU!!
Cara DCRU DT

Laura Davis said...

This card is beautiful, I love the flowers :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

~*Joni said...

Barb this is beautiful! I love the flowers on this card, just sweet and whimsical. Wonderful job on the challenge, thank you for joining us at DCRU this week!
~*Joni DCRU DT

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Barb this is gorgeous. Great trim and bling. But the flowers are fantastic! Good to have you and your card at DCRU this week.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@DCRU

cnelson said...

Ohhhhh sooooo beautiful!!

Ivanka said...

Beautiful, your cards are just beautiful Barb! Happy Earth Day!

Kathy Martin said...

So pretty! Love those flowers! :)

LORi said...

Wow...what a very pretty card!! love all the details!!

DCRU HUGS - LORi

Heather P. said...

These are totally fabulous!! Thank you so much for playing along w/us this week @2S4Y! :)

Gloria Stengel said...

These are stunning! I love the flowers and the lace! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

Pam said...

Ah, if only I could stay out of the craft store - I would sure save a lot of paper, lol! Gorgeous cards, and great use of the supplies you already had!!

Rose said...

congrats for making the top three on 365 with these beautiful cards :)

Yogi said...

very pretty cards. Congrats on making top 3 on 365 Cards