Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Another Christmas Card

One must get busy on their Christmas cards.  The holiday season is fast approaching and I don't have too many done.  I am afraid to count.  Maybe I should count how many I need for sure and then see how many I have.  Either I will be happy by how much I have accomplished or I will be spiraling into a deep depression.  Let's hope for the first one.



I had this sweet snowman already colored so when I saw the challenge on Merry Monday Christmas Challenge for lights and glitter, I was half way to completing the challenge.  I believe this is an Art Impressions Stamp.

I had gessoed a dictionary or book page.  I stamped in black ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I colored the image with different types of coloring tools:  Copics, Inkintense Pencils, Distress Ink.  I also used Stickles (glitter) and my Wink of Stella pen on the card.  The sentiment is placed at the cocky angle - not because I felt cocky - but because - I had red stuff that needed to be hid.  Shhhh - don't tell anyone.


I am also entering it in the Weekly Christmas Card Challenge where the challenge is Anything Goes.  This fits in quite well with that challenge.


I thought the sentiment worked so well for a challenge for lights and glitter.  Enjoy your day.  I have a dental appointment early and then going to the movie in the afternoon.  Hope to find more time to create another Christmas card - wait - Thanksgiving is coming also - I should make a couple thankful cards.

9 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cute image. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling snowman all strung with lights!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!
Monica - CCC DT

Wendy said...

OMGosh, how cute, Barb!! That snowman is the cutest and I love the colorful string of lights! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Notes by Nina said...

What a fun card, Barb, your snowman looks like he is having a great time. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your snowman is so cute sporting all those Christmas lights! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Colleen said...

OMG, that looks like one happy snowman all bundled up with Christmas lights...so cute!

JoAnn said...

Cute and sparkly snowman. Love your card.

Creating with Susan said...

It's such a cute and clever card.