Saturday, October 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Annie

Recently, when I attended Bella Crafts Connection in the Twin Cities, Cindy Shepard inspired us to try and draw a bird.  Well she did inspire me, I was so surprised that I could kinda draw and I just keep drawing birds.  I look on Pinterest for inspiration and then go from there.  This particular bird started with a curved arrow.

I decided to make the bird into a birthday card for my friend Annie.  Annie I became online friends many years ago and luckily we are close enough that we can be friends in real life and create, shop and inspire each other.  If you look closely there is a little Zentangle on the bird and then just some doodling.



I added some embossing paste dots to the background and decided to make them stand out more, I outlined them with a fine black pen.  The sentiment seemed perfect for a bird.

Be brave, try to draw.  Can you find the original arrow that starts the bird?

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Inspiring! Great job on the drawing.

Yvonne B. said...

Love the book page peeking through the layers. I'm pretty sure I found the arrow! This is such a fun drawing and a great sentiment! Keep drawing!