Saturday, October 10, 2015

Drawing Birds

A couple week ends ago I was at Bella Connections and a class I took from Cindy Shepard - she had us drawing birds.  Well I really enjoyed that and just keep drawing birds.  I have to have an idea and then I see if I can do my version.

Yesterday I decided to draw an owl.  I had so much fun drawing the owl and coloring it.

The October Challenge with Mou on the Faber Castell Blog is to use black chalkboard paint and an owl.  A double whammy.  Thanks for stretching my limited drawing skills and making me try to draw an owl.  I really like how it turned out.


The canvas board has 3 layers of black chalkboard paint on it.  The owl was drawn on a book page and colored with Gelatos and Inktense pencils.  A Faber Castell black pen was used for outlining the parts of the owl.  The owl was added to the board with gel medium.  I outlined the image with a pen I had.  I stamped the sentiment twice.  Once on teal colored book pages and once on pink colored book pages and cut them out.  I love this sentiment.  After everything was adhered, I rubbed some pink distress paint along the edge and then did white splats.  I really like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by.  Don't be afraid to try to draw.  If I can do it so can you - or maybe I will call it whimsical doodling.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I lvoe your owl! He is so bright and colorful! Super cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Yvonne B. said...

Your owl is wonderful! I love the way you incorporated the different media and the bright colors are great! You can sure draw birds!! ;-)