Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thursday - Another Christmas Card

My challenge to myself this week is a Christmas card each day.  I am doing pretty good so far.  I am combining three challenges for this card.

The first challenge is the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I believe you can see the sketch in my design.

The second challenge is at Time Out Challenges where the challenge is to make a Christmas card with the added twist of purple or pink.  I love to make non traditional color Christmas cards and I just happened to have this purple background already made.

The third challenge is Shopping your Stash.  Their challenge is to go paperless which means no patterned paper.  Just about everything I make has patterned paper - many layers of patterned paper on it.

The background paper is watercolor using a purple distress ink.  It may be the new color but since the paper had already been made for awhile, I don't know for sure.  The stamp set I used is from Hero Arts.  Everything is embossed in silver with white splatters on top.  I had never used the set before but I really like it.  The brush trees are beautiful embossed in white and silver.



I really like how the card turned out.  Love the tree.  Enjoy the remainder of your day.

5 comments:

sandie said...

This is gorgeous. I love purple and silver together and you have rocked it here. That background really is stunning. Thanks for joining us at TO

Michelle said...

Beautiful! I love the purple and silver. :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Joyce said...

This is so very pretty. I love the purple background you made, and the silver is so dramatic. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Gerrina said...

A great Christmascard. The purple and the silver work great together! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

Leigh Penner said...

I love the purple for Christmas! It's so unexpected, but so pretty! Wonderful take on the sketch!