Saturday, March 16, 2013

Get Well Soon


A card I made for my Mom - she is rehabbing in the hospital so try to send her a card every couple days.  This one will go out next week - it looks springy and we are in desperate need of spring.

I did this card for two different challenges - both are clean and simple challenges so hopefully this is not too busy for that type of card.

The first challenge is for CAS-ual Friday which is to use chipboard.  This is a Basic Grey chipboard piece - did not know where the coordinating paper was but luckily these colors are very popular right now so I just went into some of my 6 x 6 pads and found the paper to use.  The yellow/orange pin dot is actually the top that attached the paper into the pad.  Too cute to waste.


The second challenge is from Addicted to CAS which is things with wings.  My birdie has wings.


I added a little bakers twine and a sticker from SRM Stickers to finish off the card.  I did add a little Stickles to the wing to make it sparkle. The card was missing something - it was an eye on my bird - a little gem added the perfect eye and also was a touch of black to balance the sentiment.

Enjoy the remainder of your Saturday.

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Lovely card for your mum! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Sylvia Blum said...

Beautiful card with an absolutely adorable chipboard bird!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Florence said...

Fabulous card. Love the birdie. Thank you for playing along with the ATCAS wings challenge.
Florence.

Cazro said...

A lovely card, I am sure will be greatly loved by your Mum. Thanks for sharing with us at Addicted to Clean and Simple - Wings. Caz

Kelly Griglione said...

Great way to dress up your chipboard! He's a great focal point on your card. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this adorable card will really cheer up your Mum! I hope she's fully recovered soon :)
Thanks so much for playing with us whis week at CAS-ual Fridays!