Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday - Yeah


I don't know what it is about the work week - I am not creative - so last night I started putting this little card together.  The challenge on CAS-ual Friday is wallpaper - or make your own background paper.


This was very hard to photograph but I went into my cardstock and found a piece of blue - it was big enough for a card base and a card front.  I first stamped a Hero Arts background stamp of circles on the blue - I did it in a blue color also - you can kinda see it at the top - it is very very subtle.  My friend Ivanka had sent me some patterned paper and one of the stripes in the paper were these flowers - on the back was the green.  I cut a strip of flowers and matted them with the green and adhered to the stamped background.  I stamped the sentiment on a coordinating yellow print and matted it with green also.  The card front is pop dotted on the card base (5.5 x 3.25 size).  The sentiment is also pop dotted.  I used my Stardust pen to add just a bit of sparkle to the center of each flower.

Simon Says Stamp's challenge is Anything Goes - so here goes my card into that challenge.

This sweet little card is going in the mail to my 94 year old Mom - she loves her flowers and is patiently waiting for spring to come.

Everyone enjoy your Saturday.

3 comments:

Sylvia Blum said...

Beautiful card, Barb! Love the subtle effect on the background!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Lisa Carroll said...

Such a sweet card! Beautiful spring colors... yoru mom will love it! :) Thank you for joining the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

Kelly Griglione said...

Great colors you picked for your very Spring-y card! And the subtle circles add another fun element. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!