Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday or is it Sunday or gee I just hate Winter


Winter weather - may I say I hate it - icy roads today and I was going to drive up and see my Mom who is rehabbing in the hospital.  A two hour drive is very long when the road conditions can be touch and go so I am not going today - so now I must readjust my thought process - today will be my Sunday and tomorrow will be my Saturday.  So today I must get some cards made and I must also do some errands and some cleaning and cooking.

Today's card share is a card I made using some of the ideas from my "You've Got Mail" card class from Studio Calico.  I had this text card base so I laid my mask over it and sprayed with Mr. Huey mist.  I ten added the strips of paper on the side.  I decided I wanted a doily on the card and then the final design image was 3 or a triangle of orange elements.  Strip on side, circle in middle of doily and sentiment.  The white is picked up in the doily, sentiment and on a piece of patterned paper.

I have been watching lots of tennis lately and it must be Nike who is using the colors of yellow and grey in their clothes for women.  It really is a pretty color combination.

The patterned paper is from Studio Calico and the sentiment is a favorite from Hero Arts.  I think the card base maybe K & Co - I must confess it was lying on the floor and I picked up and thought - hmmm - I think I will use this and spray it with a mask - thus a card was born.

Well off to enjoy my Sunday - or is it my Saturday - I am so confused.

No comments: