Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Studio Calico Card Class - You've Got Mail



I am taking an online card class at Studio Calico called  - You've Got Mail.  It is a month long class - the cost was only $29 and you got an acrylic stamp set.  I just got my stamp set so I had to use it - plus I recently had purchased some of their mists and when I looked in my drawer - I found a mask from Studio Calico also.  The pink floral paper is made using the mists and mask.  I misted the same paper for the sentiment so the color would match.  The sentiment is from the stamp set.

The paper is a Studio Calico 6 x 6 pad.  I decided I wanted to also try the splatter technique with the mists - I am not sure I like it.  This morning I touched the lower left corner and the dot smeared - it had not dryed overnight (maybe a little too much) - but luckily since it was a block of white - I found a piece of the same white I had practiced the splatter on so but it to fit and placed it there - smear solved.

I had created a rectangle with the mist and mask but did not like it as a rectangle so decided to cut a couple circles.  I then added the strips of paper along the right side of the card front.  The teal stripe is washi tape that I placed on paper and then added to my card.

Since I used washi tape I am entering it in the Moxi Fab challenge to use washi tape.  They are featuring their new issue - Card Creations - I have bought the magazine but put it away for my vacation - something for me to drool over on the plane.

Everyone enjoy what is left of your Tuesday.

4 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Fun layers and sections here!

Contagiously Crafty said...

Way to get out those supplies and start using them right away. This card is a tutorial on misting. Very nice result.

Anonymous said...

great card, perfect for the class and challenge for this week. I resize all my pics under 2000 to fit on SCS and have had no issues with the SC gallery hope that helps you.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)