Thursday, March 7, 2013

Unity Stamps and I Am Sew Happy



A card I am going to send to my Mom - she is going through a little rough stretch right now but I guess when you are 94 that can happen.

For the card I used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch.  She has a new sketch challenge each week.  I was pretty much true to the sketch this time.

Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge is to use numbers.  What better to use on a sewing card than twill tape that looks like a tape measure.

The weekly challenge on Paper Players is "in stitches" - the card can be sewing themed, have stitches, etc.

The cute stamp and sentiment are from Unity Stamps.  The paper is from Basic Grey - the Lucille collection - love the sewing motifs.  The little flower is made from pattern pieces.  I have enough pattern tissue to make at least a gagillion flowers.

Now it is time to get ready to go and have my taxes done - hope for a big refund so I can go to Alaska to visit my daughter.  Enjoy your evening.

5 comments:

Amy O said...

What a cute card! I love your pattern tissue paper flower and the sewing machine stamp. I'm sure your mother will love it! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

Justin said...

Cute and vintage card! Thank you very much for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Oh my....so sweet! What a great sketch! Hope your mom likes this and she gets better soon! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show! - Ashli :)

Jodi_E said...

Great layering and texture.