Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Simon Says Try a Sketch


I got some new paper from Fancy Pants Design and the collection is called Swagger - fun paper - great for masculine cards.  I needed a get well card for my nephew - he is having his tonsils removed at the age of 40 - rough surgery for an adult.

The Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog has a couple sketches for their challenge this week.  This card is based on one of the sketches.  The sketch was  a square card but mailing square cards involves getting to the post office for the correct postage.  Here is the sketch I used.

I just started the online class - Pattern Play - I played with a few patterns but I also used some solids to offset everything.  Did you notice the silver dots in the corner of the image - every card with a truck on it needs chrome - don't you think.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Lorraine A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Barb :-) I love the papers and embossing and the car is FAB ! perfectly masculine card :-)

My brother had his tonsils out as an adult ,,, not nice at all :-/

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and congratulations !!! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Marlena M. said...

Such a great card~congrats on your win at Simon Says Stamp!