Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lawn Fawn, Freshly Made Sketches, and Operation Write Home


Second post of the day - can you believe it - I have been playing with paper - but I think I will run some errands pretty soon - grocery store - here I come - I just need a few things.  Going to look at some summer clothes - going to Florida so I may need some clothes.

This card is based on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  I am still using paper from a 6 x 6 pad from Basic Grey - come back on Monday - more Oldie Monday cards will be posted - have a couple on the design table already.


The stamps are from Lawn Fawn.  Great stamps for cards for Operation Write Home.  Of course, will some of the young heroes even know what a portable radio is - and I may be dating myself on what I called the radio.  I made one for my OWH box and one for my son in law.

Enjoy the remainder of your Saturday - off I go to brave the grocery store - normally I do it on Sunday morning early when everyone is in church.

3 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

You nailed this sketch. I love the radio, and I think lots of young people will know exactly what it is. It would make a great focal point for a father's day card too.

Cindy Hall said...

Great job with the sketch. I love the color scheme and that stamp set. Too cute! Enjoy your trip to Florida, the weather is perfect here this time of year, cooler nights and warm day filled with clear skies and sunshine! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Suarez said...

Great card Barb! Love the colors - cute image and sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!