Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Twofer Challenge

I try to do the challenge at Twofer each month.  It makes me think outside my box.  How can I use the same design element in a different way and two distinct different cards.

This month the challenge at Twofer is circles


 I used a stencil in which my circles were a little wonky and this is what I came up with.  One card is a graduation card for a neighbor who graduated from college.  The other card is a funny Thinking of You card and I don't know who the lucky recipient of it will be.


This is my graduation card.  I used the stencil in the normal way as a stencil.  I first ink smooshed color onto my paper.  Once it had dried, I laid the stencil over my paper and used a blending tool to add  the design to the card front.

The sentiments and speech bubbles are a new set of stamps from My Favorite Things.  I think they will get lots of use.  The speech bubbles paper was another piece of paper which had ink smooshing on it.


On this card I used the stencil wonky circles to draw my flowers.  I show some examples below of how I did it.  I used my inkintense pencils to color my flowers which were drawn on a gessoed sheet of dictionary page which had been adhered to some card stock and a light color of blue was added for some background color.  I did doodling with different pens.  A die cut and a stamped sentiment completed the card.


Here is a picture of the stencil I used. 


Here are ideas of how I used the stencil to draw my flowers. 


This was a fun project to do.  I had not done any drawing and doodling for a long time so it felt good.

I hope you enjoy my cards.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Cat Craig said...

What a clever way to use the stencil in two distinct designs. Your graduation card is clean and perfect for a grad. Your flowers created with the stencil and doodles are amazing. Thanks for playing along with Twofer Card Challenge.

Marcia Hill said...

Two great designs using that wonky circle stencil! Your graduation card is awesome...love the background and those speech bubbles add the perfect finishing touch!! Your flower card is absolutely AMAZING and I admit I drooled a bit checking all the designs out! Your doodling and colorful colors make this card a show stopper!! Thanks so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge!! :0)

Darnell said...

I'm loving your designs, Barb, and really fascinated by the way the designs came to life because I rarely layer my designs in these wonderful ways. I love that you began your delightful congratulations design by smooching a background before inking your wonky stencil. Your big conversation balloons with their awesome messages add more depth and personality! And doodling your wonky flowers from the wonky circles on your thinking of you design looks like it was a ton of fun! Again, brilliant layering and so much thought went into this colorful card! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #28! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell