Friday, June 26, 2020

Purple Happy Birthday

Sometimes the hardest part of writing a blog post is thinking up a title.  Don't you think I did a stupendous job with this title.  It is descriptive so we will leave it at that.

I decided to play along with the weekly sketch at My Favorite Things

I had this flower sitting on the design table almost all fussy cut out so I finished the cutting.  A couple weeks ago I made a card with this same flower and left it just black and white with only minimal coloring (the center of the flowers).  I decided to do the same thing this week.

You can interpret the flowers or the purple in the background as the rectangle in the sketch.  Please stretch your imagination.  The purple color is watered down acrylic paint smooshed onto the front.  I matted the front with the MFT black and white diagonal stripe.  After I painted the floral centers, once the paint was dry, I came in with a black gel pen and added the dots back in so they stood out a little more.


I really do like the contrast of black, white and purple. 


Thanks for stopping by.  I now have a birthday card made for a November birthday.

No comments: