Sunday, June 7, 2020

Coming Up Roses #2

This is my second post this week end using the beautiful rose stamp from Paper Smooches.

The current challenge at the Paper Smooches blog is flowers



I stamped and colored the rose with my Zig Markers.  I then fussy cut out the rose.  It is a very easy image to fussy cut.  I took the rectangle die from Paper Smooches and cut it out of a piece of card stock and made my own stencil.  I laid the die cut piece of card stock over my ink smooshed colored background.  I took a brush and added the oxide ink color on the inside of the rectangle opening.  I got the background color by accident because there was color already in the brush - but this was a happy accident.  Once I was done with my stenciling, I stamped the sentiment.  I found a colored card base in my supplies that matched beautifully with my stenciled rectangle.  The rose was pop dotted onto the front of the card in the lower right corner.  The blues in the background and card base make the pink rose pop.  I added some black splatters.


Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge!

Nicole Vögeli said...

I love this stamp and you created such a pretty card using it. Thank you very much for playing along the Paper Smooches Challenge!