Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Sweet Peony Perfection

I have been playing with my stamp from My Favorite Things - Sweet Peony Perfection.  It is a red rubber stamp and has such wonderful detail and stamps like a dream

I decided to use one of the peonies I stamped on the weekly sketch from My Favorite Things.  This is a very versatile sketch.


I stamped the head of the peony in distress oxide ink Abandoned Coral.  I left my stamp in my Misti and colored the image.  I then restamped the image and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  It gives it a little more detail in real life (very hard to see in the photo).  I fussy cut the bloom out.  

I took the Rectangle Trio Stencil and stenciled the design on the background panel.  I had to stencil it twice to cover the width of the panel.  I added some splatters of the same color to the stenciled area.  

I stamped the stem on another piece of card stock which I had smooshed in the same color ink (have you gotten the picture that this is mostly a monochromatic colored card).  I  then colored the stem and leaves with a very light wash of coral.  The sentiment was stamped on a piece of colored card stock.  I added black striped paper to the back of the sentiment to shake things up a little.  Both panels were matted with black.  The panel the bloom is on is layered with foam to give it a little dimension.
Of course, I had to add a few black splatters.


This is a fun sketch to play with.  Thanks for stopping by - I must go I am coloring more peonies tonight.  I have my watercolor brush markers out. 

No comments: