Sunday, June 14, 2020

New Stuff to Play With

I got my new toys from My Favorite Things.  They have such fantastic handling of orders and speedy delivery.  I ordered Tuesday and they were delivered on Thursday.  Of course, I was out of town so got them Saturday when I returned home.  Today I decided to play with them for the current Tic Tac Toe Challenge.    These kind of challenges really make me think hard.



I chose to do the bottom row.  Black and White, Single Layer and Free.  My free was splatters.  Who doesn't love a good splatter. 

My card base is Bristol smooth cardstock.  I first stenciled on the background stripes with distress oxide ink.  The image was stamped in black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I smooshed some of the ink, added water and made my splatters.  I think it is hard to make a true one layer card but I have done one the last two weeks so maybe I will get better.


I will send this to a friend who "surprise" you are getting a stent because you have a clogged artery.  I think it will cheer her up.

Thanks for stopping by. 

1 comment:

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Barb, love your take on the bottom row across. Your right who doesn't love a little splatter and a flash of color. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Tic Tac Toe challenge.