Saturday, June 27, 2020

Gina K Products

I have been painting some of these beautiful florals from the latest kit from Gina K.  I have just used this particular set in the kit.  There are two more stamp sets in this kit.

I colored two large floral images and two of the smaller floral image and some leaves.  I did stamp and die cut more leaves but those will be for another day.

For this card I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches for my starting point.  As you will see, I did take a little bit different turn with the sentiment. 

 The images were stamped with Versafine Black Ink.  I watercolored the image and leaves with Zig watercolor markers.  The black stripe is washi tape wrapped around a piece of card stock.  For some reason I wanted to use some of my wide washi tape today.  The white background was smooshed into some Zig marker which is scribbled on cellophane and spritzed with water.  (I have problems with pure white backgrounds.)

The flower was added with foam tape and the leaves were tucked under the flower.  I stamped the sentiment on a colored piece of card stock and then fussy cut it out.  This is where I deviated from the sketch - I did not like covering up any of the beautiful coloring I did on my flower so I glued it below the flower.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Your flower is beautifully colored and pops against the classic B&W stripe panel! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! I love that big flower! The colour looks amazing against the black and white stripes! So fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Your flower is gorgeous and looks wonderful against the striped background! Glad you joined us at FMS!