Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Single Layer Card

Single layer cards scare me but today I decided to bite the bullet and try to make one.  I knew if something happened I could always cut off the front and still make it into a card.  I was so happy with the way my card turned out.  Oh - the other thing I have problems with is color challenges.

The challenge for the next two weeks at AAA Cards is a single layer card with an optional twist of colors



I guess I was totally inspired by the graphic because I have a butterfly with orange and yellow spotlight coloring.

This is a new stamp right out of the mailbox.  I have looked at this stamp for months and finally decided to buy it.  I am so happy with it - it is so beautiful.  I can't wait to play more with it.

I made my card base out of Bristol smooth card stock.  I folded it and put it in my Misti.  I stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I then used a set of watercolors from Altenew to add color to my butterfly.  I put down a light wash of a tealish blue around the image.  I then added orange and yellow watercolor to three flowers and two segments of the butterfly.  On the large yellow flower I came back in with a Inkintense pencil and added some shading.

The sentiment was heat embossed.


I liked this card so well I stamped four more.  I did stamp these on watercolor paper to see how that works for a one layer card.  This card will be sent to my Aunt who is in a nursing home and I have not been able to see her since March.  I send her a card almost every week.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Very bright and happy, wonderful colouring. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

Jane said...

Love the partial colouring. Fab card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!