Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Hello Giraffe

I am working on a number of children cards to send to a foster care home in South Carolina.  I send children cards for the kids and also thank you cards for the staff to use to thank all their wonderful supporters.

This card was inspired by a card I saw on Facebook, Pinterest, a blog - I don't know where - but I remember the idea of it and this is the card I created.

I am entering the card in the current challenge at Paper Smooches where the challenge is "anything goes".



I die cut two frames out of kraft card stock and glued them together.  The giraffe was stamped and colored with Copics.  I looked in my background box and found a blue that would work to go behind my frame.  I die cut the three leaf clusters and colored them with Zig Real Markers.


The card is very simple but I know it will brighten some child's face.  We take receiving a card for granted - but think - what if you had never received a card and one day you get one.  How special would you feel?

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Such a cute card!! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Smooches Challenge!

Nicole Vögeli said...

You gave that giraffe such a happy and cute home on a card. Thank you for playing along the Paper Smooches Challenge!