Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Paper Smooches Challenge - Picture Perfect


This is my entry in this week's challenge on Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge Blog is Picture Perfect.  Here is the picture to inspire your creativity.


What sparked my creativity?  I love the leaves - I love leaves - one of nature's most beautiful color scapes.  I love all the colors in this picture also.

I cut my leaf with my Silhouette out of some scrap card stock.  I then colored the leaf randomly with distress paints and a purple gelato.  (after coloring the leaf - it reminded me of a peace sign done in tie dye).  I cut the letters with my Silhouette also.  I colored them with the reddish distress paints.  I also made my own mat so that the color matched perfectly.  I stamped the little pennant, colored it with distress paint and cut it out.  I stamped the sentiment and added pearls and the letters to make up the sentiment block.  I love the patterned paper I found for my background.

I like how the card turned out.  Now I should make a few more since I have a few more leaves cut out.  I did glue two leaves together for a little dimension and the same with the two letters.

Thanks for the fun.

2 comments:

Ivanka said...

This is fabulous! Love your process!! Great card!
I'm still debating on getting a Silhouette...

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a gorgeous leaf! I LOVE that you inked that! LOOOOOOOVE the colors and design! FAB card:) THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you join in the fun this week for the STRIPE trend watch challenge;)