Sunday, October 20, 2013

Paper Smooches Challenge


This week I decided I wanted to try and play along with the Designer Drafts challenge on the Paper Smooches blog.  I am getting my card in somewhat under the wire.  I love their little snowman - so simple but they have so much character.

Here is the Designer Drafts challenge.  I actually stayed pretty true to the sketch this time.  Most of the time I tend to be pretty loosey goosey with my use of sketches.


The snowman was stamped on patterned paper from Authentique.  I fussy cut him out plus I cut his hat out also.  I did some coloring with Copics.  I added Glossy Accents to many of the elements on the snowman.  I also used Glossy Accents on the heart in the sentiment.  The random dots are gesso that I put on with a toothpick to make it look like new fallen snow.  It has some texture to it so adds more dimension to the card.  The frame and snowman are both popped for dimension.

I will send this to my Mom during the winter months.  It will bring a smile to her face.

2 comments:

TK said...

What a great card. I love the "snow" and the snowman is so adorable. I love your cards.

Paula S. said...

He is so cute! You do such an awesome job with snowman themes. That gesso is such a great idea and its texture adds so much more than a plain old white pen. I'm putting some gesso on my shopping list. :)