Sunday, October 27, 2013

Unity Stamp Company Challenge Goes Mixed Media


Every month Unity Stamp Company has a challenge.  You can do either a color theme, a sketch for a card or a sketch for a scrapbook page.  On this project I chose to do the color theme challenge.


I have been playing with some mixed media projects and had finished up a couple bigger pieces so decided to try my hand at making a small ornament for Christmas using mixed media.  The page of the card is pages from an old book that have been glued together with gel medium.  Other paper has been added to the layers and then gesso, paint, gelatos, etc.  The little penguin is a Unity Stamp.  The words are from some scrapbook paper by Cosmo Cricket that I just cut apart for a verse on the card.  I added rubons (I see one kinda rubbed off).  The loop trim was cut with my Silhouette.  I added gesso around the edge of the ornament to add more dimension.  I wrapped twine around a fine wire to make the hanger.  I added a button and bow to the paper strip to add more dimension.

This was a fun project and this year I may make more of these instead of cards - especially for those who decorate Christmas trees.

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

ohmygosh! what a cute, cute ornament you created. love that penguin and the colors. thanks for playing with us at Unity.