Saturday, October 19, 2013

Operation Write Home and Taylored Expressions Unite


When I go shopping, many times the stamps I buy for card making are cards that will work for Operation Write Home cards.  This sentiment is part of a set of stamps from Taylored Expressions called Happy Heart.  There are four wonderful sentiments in the set.  Yes this could be a valentine card but I think it is really a love card.  It could also be a friendship card.  It is all in the heart of the sender and receiver who it is meant.

The monthly challenge on Operation Write Home's card blog - Stars and Stamps - that is sponsored in conjunction with Our Daily Bread Designs is "sentiments."  My sentiment is the focal point of my card.  ODBD generously will pay for shipping on a box of cards to our heroes on each 25 cards submitted in the challenge - up to 50 cards.  Thank you for doing this for our heroes and their families.

My box should be shipped soon.  I will have another packed of hero notes from my retired coworker friend on Monday.  I really appreciate her help.

I am off to watch the Badger football game and make some favors for a bridal shower at work.

1 comment:

Joan K said...

Very nice card Barb! I agree that this is more than just a Valentine card - especially with this "non-red" color palette, it could easily be love or friendship in any season.