Sunday, October 13, 2013

Mixed Media and Penny Black Stamps


I am playing again with my paints, gesso, gel medium, gelatos - you name it - I was playing with it.  I was attempting to create a scene - a hill and a sky and then I put a sun in the corner.  I stamped the tree and then added drops of acrylic paint on the tree to look like fall leaves.  The sequins represent leaves that have fallen to the ground.  The sentiment and the tree are from Penny Black.  I rubbed gesso and paint along the edge.

The base is two pages of a book glued together with gel medium.  There is probably a layer of patterned paper under there also.  I forget.  Lots of gesso, acrylic paints, gelatos and gel medium.

I had a strip of the green left so I pleated that and added at the bottom of the tree.  It balances the sentiment in the corner.  That is my story and I am sticking with it.

I have no idea what I am doing with these pieces but I am having fun.

No comments: