Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

CPS Sketch

Close Up of Flower


Good Tuesday evening. Hot and muggy here in Wisconsin and more storms to come tonight - I wonder how much sleep I will get tonight. Went out to dinner with the Ya Ya's - it was the first outing where Shari was not with us - we had a chair for her at the table - and the other Barb - brought us all funny hats - some lady thought we were headed to a Jimmy Buffet concert - my hat was a monkey - because I made Shari monkey cards many times in the last year to cheer her - unfortunately I never got a chance to use all of them - I need to make a monkey card each week - continue on - and try to cheer someone. Send a card for just no reason.
Tonight's card is based on the sketch at Card Positioning Systems. I knew I wanted to use this paper and this sketch had so many lovely layers. This is all patterned paper with some lace and a sticker added. I had found these buttons at JoAnn's and knew they would work with this paper also. The flower is cut from sewing pattern pieces - I sewed in a prior life - so have lots of pattern tissue paper. I cut many layers with Spellbinders and then crinkled them up. I threaded the button with thread and tied it off in the back.
Well it is time to get myself organized for tomorrow. Morning comes way too early when you leave the house before 6 a.m..
Card Details:
Size: 5 x 7
Paper: Graphic 45
Lace: unknown
Pearls: Prima (these pearls were white but I just rubbed brown chalk ink across them and aged them.
Sticker: SRM Stickers

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is an incredibly beautiful card!

jengd said...

That flower is stunning! The pattern tissue works beautifully!!

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card, Barb!! Hugs to you and the Ya-yas.....

Jeanne said...

That flower is pretty cool. I love how you use the sewing pattern paper!