Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday, June 27, 2010


Good Sunday afternoon - I got up today and played with some paper. I was on the road yesterday visiting my Mom so when I came home I ended up with a 2 hour nap - watched TV for a couple hours and then back to sleep. It is hot and muggy here and wet. Had some storms go through this morning - I guess it is going to be beautiful the remainder of the week - the heat and humidity are leaving. Yeah. I prefer not to have the AC on. Takes away from my money for paper - because you know I don't have enough.
Today's card is for my friend Shari's mom - Shari lost her battle with breast cancer in May and I hear that Mae is struggling - as any mother would be who loses a child - no matter what age our child is - 6 months, 6 years or 60. I want Mae to know that I am thinking of her. I made many monkey cards for Shari during her battle this last year so it will bring a smile to Mae and remember all the love we shared for Shari.
The card is based on the sketch at A Crafty Little Place - haven't been able to play the last few weeks with their sketches. I sure hate it when work robs you of your creativity.
Come back tomorrow to see the cards for Oldie Moldie Monday using the sketch from Operation Write Home. Everyone enjoy your Sunday.
Card Details:
Size: 4.5 x 6
Card base: Bo Bunny dots
Stamp: Stampendous colored with Copics
Paper: We R Memory Keepers
Sentiment Sticker: SRM Stickers (sticker cut apart)
Spellbinders
Brad: Making Memories
Bling: Me and My Big Ideas

7 comments:

LORi said...

Too cute!! So bright and cheery!! thanks for sharing with A Crafty Little Place!!

Crafty Lil' hugs - LORi

Claudia said...

I love how you layers the sentiment! Thank you for playing with us this week!

Claudia
Owner-DCRU

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!! Love the little monkey!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ACLP this week!!
Sheri-ACLP DT

Amber said...

So cute! Love the little monkey and your flower sentiment! And such beautiful bright colors!
ACLP Hugs
Amber

Cara said...

Oh, I love monkeys. What an adorable card!! Thanks for sharing with ACLP!!
Cara ACLP DT

Therapy Directory said...

Hi


Nice Post ! Keep sharing



Thanks

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

So bright, so cheery, so cuuuute! What a great little card...Luvin' it! Glad to have you at ACLP this week, BJ.

Smiles!
Gwen DTC@ACLP