Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday, June 13, 3010




Good Sunday evening - where did the week end go - back to work and hopefully I will get lots done.
I was trying to mow the lawn today and I got the first part mowed - came in to rest and came to the basement to create for a little bit, came upstairs and it was pouring - no more mowing today - hopefully tomorrow night I can mow another section of the lawn. I did get lots of cards made though. I have 3 to share tonight - there is a fourth but obviously I must not have edited it or saved it correctly. But do come back later in the week for the episode titled "when cardmaking gives you scraps".
The first card tonight is based on the sketch at the Operation Write Home card blog Stars and Stripes. They have a new sketch each Sunday. This paper is actually an Easter grouping but I loved the bright colors and they went with this group of Penny Black stickers I had. I wanted to make some kid birthday cards - they look like girl cards - but I have already made some boy cards for this box that will go to Operation Write Home. I was feeling lazy - I just cut one block and added strips of paper to make my blocks. You get the look without the work. Just call me a time saver - not lazy.
Everyone come back tomorrow - it is Oldie Moldie Monday - a start on Holiday cards for Operation Write Home.
Have a good evening.
Patterned Paper: We R Memory Keepers
Stickers: Penny Black
Sentiment Stickers: SRM Stickers
Brads from my supplies


10 comments:

Paula S. said...

I love how you chose to add the strips over the paper in the first design instead of fussing with cutting the six squares like I did (about 3 times) before I settled. These are all very nice!

RobinH said...

love all 3 cards!

I like the idea of the strips of ribbon instead of using 6 squares on the sketch challenge .. so clever :)

Karen Howard said...

Very pretty, I love the bright colors! All the cards are very cheerful!

Tricia T said...

What adorable cards! I love Penny Black!! :-)

Louise Fox said...

All three cards are sensational and your color choices are super! Lovely! Blessings, Louise

Unknown said...

These are great cards. So cheerful and bright. A party in an envelope.

SaDeBuque said...

such adorable cards!! i love the one block, looks like six idea lol...very crafty! thanks so much for sharing and have a great week! :)

helloholley said...

OK,you time saver you,LOL!!! No matter ....these are super cute!!! Any kid would love to get this.Great job!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Barb, your birthday cards are so cute! Your coloring is fabulous!

Sharanda said...

These cards are way too cute! (I like the strips idea also...good thinking!) TFS :)