Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday, June 7, 2010

Good Monday evening – it is oldie moldie Monday – or OMM – the day to dig into your supplies – dig deep – and find some paper that was once loved but forgotten. I am sure you will be able to create a beautiful card from it – actually how many cards can you make from it. Sometimes if you leave it out for the week – it is interesting to see how many cards you can actually create. My friend Ivanka and I even have a Flicker site where you can post your OMM creations.

Today’s card is based on the sketch from the Operation Write Home card blog Stars and Stripes. Every Sunday they have a new sketch to get your creative juices flowing – they even tell what size to cut your paper.

I had a collection of 8 x 8 pieces of this particular group of paper – I know I have made a couple cards from it already – On the second card you will notice that I trimmed off the scalloped edge and used the pieces as trim. Can’t waste anything that pretty.

Hopefully everyone had a chance to create something beautiful. I am going to try and finish the inside of a couple cards and get them out of the house this week with the gifts that go with them.

Card Details
Size: 4.25 x 5.5
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee – Vintage Moon collection
Stamp: Inkadinkado (Card One)
Unity Stamps (Card Two)
Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
Punch: Stampin Up (Card One)
May Art Twine
Sizzlet Die Cut
Rub Ons: Sorry – can’t find the package


6 comments:

Dixie Cochran said...

I love cards with birds, and both of these are terrific! Well done!

Brittany said...

I love the paper that was chosen for each card! Great work on both! =)

helloholley said...

These are both great!!! Those papers are so pretty!

Sandy Hentzel said...

Wow! These are jsut beautiful.

Martha said...

I so love the Americana Folk Art look of these cards! And, of course, the weathered red, white, and blue. Wonderful cards as usual Barb!

PCM said...

Nice card - I like the corners cut from the same bg paper. Thanks for participating in the sketch challenge.