Sunday, May 20, 2012

Operation Write Home Sunday Sketch and My Mind's Eye


Here is my card for todays sketch on the Operation Write Home card site - Stars and Stamps - I found it a little difficult to work with because the focal image is quite small - but I did find a stamp that worked for the rectangle.  I then added the sentiment below the image - which was not part of the sketch.

Of course, I knew exactly what paper I wanted to use - well I could not locate it but I did have this paper from My Mind's Eye - and it had some good colors to make a masculine card. 

The fish stamp is by Stampabilities and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. 

Everyone have a wonderful day - I need to go get groceries for a couple weeks - work will be horribly busy for the next six weeks - so will not want to do much in the evening - so must prepare myself to survive. 

12 comments:

Carol L said...

What a fantastic masculine card! I love how well those dsp's compliment the fish image, and I like how you added the sentiment too!

StampTramps said...

Your image is the perfect size and I like that you added a sentiment under it. I had trouble finding a suitable stamp and ended up using a tiny one and stamping some background splotches to take up the extra space. Good luck with all that shopping, I'd hate to see the bill!

Julie said...

Very cute, Barb! You know you can always enlarge the sketch measurements to fit your images if you need to, I won't show up at your house and yell at you or anything, lol! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Jen M said...

Great card, Barb! I love that MME paper! I like how you added the sentiment - don't worry, I changed the sketch too.

Cora said...

Great fish card. I also had to hunt to find images to fit the sketch but I did enjoy making the cards

Wendy said...

Very masculine, indeed! It's a great interpretation of the sketch.

Donna Nuce said...

I really like how the image stands out so well on this card. It is a great masculine card. TFS.

Linda said...

Great guy card...I love fish cards! Best of luck on the work thing! TFS!!!

RobinH said...

great masculine card

JoAnn Ross said...

As a fishergirl, I LOVE that stamp! And it turned out to be a great masculine card. I suspect I cheated a bit on the size, but hey, it's an inspiration, right?

Good luck with the next six weeks!

Unknown said...

Somethings a little fishy here...and I love it. Can't tell if the vertical is ribbon or paper but its very eye catching.

Cynthia T said...

Love the subtle colors!