Sunday, May 6, 2012

Authentique, Imaginisce, and Operate Write Home Unite



Sunday - the time to get up and do the sketch on Operation Write Home's card blog Stars and Stamps - this way I get some mojo flowing for the day.

I started out with the bottom cards and they just did not come together - designs too large - or something to reflect the sketch but I was able to salvage the designs into some cards for my box.  So next I went to a new pad from Authentique.  Yummy blues - somewhat reminds me of tattered and worn denim with a touch of sunflower added to the mix.  Of course with any sketch and any patterned paper - you must work with the designs on the paper.  My sentiment maybe higher on the card but I did want to show two rows of the very popular chevron and that row had more yellow in it.  The stamp is from Hero Arts - a favorite one for Operation Write Home cards.  I was looking for a brad - and I found this perfect one - it is an old one from Imaginisce.  Unfortunately I did not have an oval that fit across the card the correct way.

Well the yard must be mowed today and hopefully get some groceries bought - we will see how the day goes.  Right now between work and stuff that needs to be done at home - I can not keep up but I will make it through. 

Have a wonderful day and I hoe you get to spend some time being creative - hopefully you get to be a REBEL and play along in some of the challenges.

10 comments:

Kathryn said...

The papers on the top card are wonderful! I love how it came together. Thanks for playing along with the sketch!

RobinH said...

the blue papers are so pretty!

Donna Hanley said...

I really like all three cards. I like on the bottom card that everything is done with papers. Great job.

Paula S. said...

Nice job with the sketch Barb! I actually like the bottom cards too. I too like the fact that you made them without stamps. It just goes to show that you don't need to be a stamper to create beautiful cards. Especially with the ability to use computer generated sentiments... Some gorgeous paper and a few other thing will do the trick.

Jen M said...

LOVE how it all came together! Great cards!

Erika said...

I really like your use of chevrons on your blue card - I may have to give that a try!

Unknown said...

I love that blue card; the colors are just so warm and homey. I like that you made the bottom ones without stamps. I had no stamps when I started making cards and I still feel I am lacking variety in my stamps so I keep collecting.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Gorgeous card! The first one really caught my eye on the Stars and Stamps blog, I had to investigate closer (:

Linda said...

All are great cards! Love the chevrons!!! TFS!!!

Julie said...

Great cards as always, Barb! I like all of them! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!