Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Moxie Fab and CAS-ual Friday Challenge


I combined two challenges to make this very belated birthday card.  The card has been running around in my mind so the two challenges made it come to life.  The two challenges are Moxie Fab Blog's gingham challenge and CAS-ual Friday to use die cuts.

I die cut the card shape from watercolor paper.  The top layer was covered with a piece of My Mind's Eye paper for an interesting background (something rather than plain white).  I then used my new Hero Arts stamp and coordinating die cut for the flower.  I colored it with Copics.  The gingham is from a new paper collection from Bazzill - fun paper and a great weight.  The sentiment (Iwanted something small - was laying on the table - so who knows its origins.  The ribbon is May Arts I believe and the bling is from Hobby Lobby.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous flower and gingham! Love it! So glad you could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

I love the shape of your card...and the orange and green together shout happiness to me. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Barb this is fab! It really stood out in the gallery this week! Thanks for playing with CAS-ual Friday's this week:)

Ivanka said...

Beautiful card. Love the fresh and sunny feel of it. I've not seen the stamp/die cut combo from HA yet...need to check it out!