Wednesday, May 16, 2012

CAS-ual Friday Card



Good evening - a quick share of a card I finished for the CAS-ual Friday challenge which is Feathered Friends.  I needed a thank you card and this little stamp says it all - it is a very small stamp so I decided to scale down the size of the card.  This card is only 3.375 x 5 inches. 

I was inspired by my friend Ivanka's card.  She used the technical term "plopped" her ink pad on her card base.  I tried that - did not work - so I just colored a piece of watercolor paper with some ink.  I stamped my image and then cut the inked image out with a Spellbinder's die cut.  I cut the next size die cut to mat the image with.  Of course - it looked too plain to me - (this is clean and simple for me) so I added am embossed piece of watercolor paper which I pop dotted.  I needed a little contrast so added a piece of black houndstooth and a pink bow tied with some black tie. 

I hope you like my feathered friend card.  

4 comments:

Lynn said...

I love the pink, white and black...one of my very favorite color combos! Such a great design too...love the touch of embossing. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Carol L said...

I love the unusual shapes on this card, but they all work perfectly together with the pink and black!!

Ivanka said...

LOVE this Barb!! I'm so glad my 'plopping' inspired you!! Your little birdie is adorable. Love this color combo.

Deb said...

Gorgeous card! So glad that you could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!