Saturday, May 5, 2012

NSD, Hero Arts, We R Memory Keepers


Good morning - National Scrapbooking Day today - and I must thank the scrapbooking industry because without you - cardmaking would be no fun.  You supply us with all that great paper - I must confess - I am a paperaholic.

Today my card is based on the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches - hopefully it is not overdone for their challenge - what can I say - I am a paperaholic - and I had this new pad from We R Memory Keepers and these new stamps from Hero Arts that I wanted to try out.  I clear embossed the flowers on top of the patterned paper.  I was going to ink the edges of the flowers so the embossing stood out a little but I am hurrying this morning - I have a baby staying with me and I know she will be waking shortly.

Here is the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. 


Everyone enjoy your day I hope to be creative later today - I want to make a mother's day card for the little one to send her mom - how does purple paint (her Mom's favorite color) sound and either a foot or hand print.  

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, the twine is a lovely accent Barb! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Pretty papers and layers. Those flowers are gorgeous. Beautiful card :)

Tui Nathan said...

What a beautiful card this is ... I love your mix of papers and your big bold flowers, and yep ... that twine just seals it for me!!!
Fantastic creation, thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Timko said...

This is fabulous!! Love the papers! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!