Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hump Day - Yeah


Good evening - boy it is hard to get back into the swing of making cards after being on vacation.  Trying to work the rust off the mo jo.  I had seen this sketch site (Freshly Made Sketches) in the last few weeks so today I saw their weekly sketch and decided I would try it out.  It is a very versatile sketch and then comes the hard part - what paper to use, what stamp to use - sometimes that is almost overwhelming.  I finally settled on paper from this 6 x 6 pad from Simple Stories - Happy Day.

The stamp is from my collection - I have used it in the past.  It is by Hero Arts.  I stamped the image in VersaMark and a distress ink and then clear embossed.  It did not all clear emboss.  After the card was assembled I added a little color to the image with Copics. 

I think this will be a great card for my next Operation Write Home box.  Everyone enjoy the remainder of your evening - I suppose I need to figure out what I will wear to work tomorrow and wind things down for the evening.

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love your colors! Sweet card!

Camille Wells said...

I love it! Beautiful!

Jen Timko said...

That image is too cute and the sentiment is perfect. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

So glad you chose to play along. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this faboulous card. Great pairing of colors, papers, etc. for an all-around great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love that image. So cute. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

Super cute card ... love that image and great colour pallette!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Annie said...

I love this. Hmmmmm Do I feel a lift is coming on???

Annie

Rita W said...

Okay, that image is absolutely ADORABLE. I don't think I've seen it before and that's a shame. I love this card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.