Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Watercolor and Gesso

This morning I watched a You Tube video by Vicki Boutin Mixed Media in Watercolor and Gesso.  Well I had to try it and I had so much fun.  I just needed to do something a little bit different and get a little messy.  This creative process felt to good. 

The card I created was done with my new watercolor set from Altenew.  The stamps I used are from Paper Smooches.  The rose is a new stamp and the sentiment I have had for quite awhile.

I am  going to enter this card into the current challenge at Paper Smooches which is HAPPY.



This is what my watercolor panel looked like before I did the stamping and adding the gesso.  Beautiful bright colors.


You first stamp your images and then you brush gesso around the image and all over the background.  I trimmed down the panel, matted it with black and added to a white card base. 


This is the first card I made and using a blue purple color theme.  The flower stamps and sentiment are a set from Gina K.  I remembered to add the black around the edge like Vicki did on her video.  She did a stencil across the front but I just added the black around the edge.

I am entering this card into the challenge at the Wednesday Simon Says Stamp Challenge where the challenge is Flower Power.


I really enjoyed playing with this technique. 

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: