Thursday, April 30, 2020

May Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge

It is May in Australia to home of Happy Little Stamper and it is time for a new watercolor challenge.

The May Watercolor Challenge for Happy Little Stampers is Anything Goes with the option of Embossing.  How you choose to emboss is your creative decision.


I decided to dry emboss the background for my card.  I first dipped my paper in some light blue ink to add some color to the white of the card stock.  I then used an old embossing folder and embossed text onto my background.  I then used a brush with some of the light blue ink on it and brushed it across the embossed areas of the card stock.  I then added darker blue ink splatters to the background (I was using the same colors as what I stamped the flowers in for my splatters.)

The floral images are from The Stamp Market.  I stamped the images in different shades of distress oxide inks.  I sprayed the stamps with water sometimes to help the colors blend together.  They are not layering stamps but I find you can build up different colors by stamping this way.  I then fussy cut out the floral and leaf images.

The sentiment was stamped with the darkest blue ink used on the flowers and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. 

To assemble the floral image I die cut a leaf branch from vellum and cut it apart to I could use the leaves in different areas.  The back flowers are glued directly to the dry embossed background.  The main flower is adhered with foam.

After the card was finished, I sprayed with a clear gold spray to add shine to the card front.  Every girl loves a little sparkle.


Here is a close up of the floral image and sentiment.  You can also see the embossed background and the vellum leaves.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our May Watercolor Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! I love how you built up the different elements from the background up to make such a lovely card.

Anita in France said...

Dreamy and so lovely, Barb ... the background texture is fantastic! Anita :)

Helen said...

I love monochromatic designs and this one has such a soft delicate look, Barb! So pretty! Take care! :)