Sunday, April 19, 2020

Spring Online Card Class - Day 5

This was a fun class taught by Debby Hughes.  She is a wonderful cardmaker from England who loves to watercolor.

The idea of this card was to start two watercolor backgrounds, take a die cut and use that as a mask on one of your backgrounds and layer on more goodness.  After it is dried, you remove the mask and see the lines of it on your background.  You then take your die cut mask (which has wonderful color on it) and add it to the second background.

Here are my cards.

This is the card that used the colored die cut on it.  I added several more die cuts and a sentiment and bling to finish the card.


If you look at the background, you can see the faint outline of the die cut.  I added more die cuts and this beautiful sentiment from Gina K Designs.


You were only suppose to make two cards but as I was making the backgrounds and mixing paint, I had a piece of paper I was using to mop up my leftover paints and this background was created.  I added some additional color to it.  The die cut has three layers  glued together and the sentiment is heat embossed. 


This was a fun class and I did not fail this class.  Yay me. 

No comments: