Saturday, April 18, 2020

Spring Online Card Class - Day 4

Yes I know I have missed Day 3 but the papers are stamped just have not had the desire to work on that project.

So onto Day 4.  I must tell you I failed miserably this card making lesson.  I did come out with two beautiful cards (in my opinion) as I rescued my attempts to do the lesson. 

The idea of the class was to stamp an image on the front of your card and die cut it out.  Then inside that card you would stamp the same image, do some masking and stamp some more images besides it.  My stamping and masking did not work that well - I think it was the stamps that I used.  Rather than re do the lesson (which I might someday) I took the images I had and made these two cards.

This card is the images I stamped inside.  I colored it with Zig watercolor markers.  I die cut the panel out, stamped the sentiment, and added it to a white card base.  I refrained from adding splatters.


This is the card front where I die cut out the large flower.  The inside stamping did not look right so I die cut the front of the card with the opening.  I added color behind the opening to match the color of the large floral image.  I stamped the sentiment.  When I was laying the card out, I thought the blue floral area was missing something so I stamped a smaller version of the large flower to peak out behind it.  I then added my splatters.  I used some sparkly water mixed with my paint and it has a very subtle shine to it.


I did understand the idea of the class but I failed to execute it properly.  Luckily I was able to save my failures and make two wonderful cards.

Having fun and staying busy. 

No comments: