Thursday, April 16, 2020

Online Card Classes

In my earlier days of making cards, I had scoffed at the thought of learning to make cards online.  I then found a group called Online Card Classes.  They immediately changed my views on online card making classes.  I have learned so much over the years taking different classes from them and the prices are always reasonable.  You also have lifetime access to all the classes you have taken.

Currently I am enrolled in the Spring Online Class.  It has 20 lessons.  It gives me something to look forward to each morning when I get up. 

Day One:  Make your own embossing background using a stamp.  This is an interesting concept.  I did have (leftover from the old days) ultra thick embossing powder which I used for create my embossing backgrounds.  I don't say this is something I would do again.  But I did attempt it. 

This is a Stampendous stamp.  I thought the bolder lines of the design would work to make a embossing background.


I embossed it on 80 pound white paper and then did ink blending over the top with Gina K Ink.  I matted it with a coordinating purplish paper which I die cut the sentiment out of the middle before I assembled the card.  I stamped the sentiment in black onyx VersaFine ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.


Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: