Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Online Card Class - Day 6

I have been enjoying taking the Online Card Class - it gives me something to look forward to each day.  Some days I don't want to do the cards and I don't beat myself up over that. 

The class for Day 6 was taught by Kristina Werner.  This lady loves her exacto knife.  I am pretty much afraid to use one right now because I don't want to cut a finger badly and have to go for stitches.

The idea for this class was to either make watercolor backgrounds or take three different patterned papers and then cut them apart and piece them back together.  With this exercise you get three cards.  I chose to use patterned paper.  I need to make about 30 thousand of these to use up some of the patterned paper I own.

After I made my panel, I die cut a frame and then a smaller rectangle from the inner rectangle.  Both pieces were put on top of another piece of coordinating patterned paper.  The hello is stamped on a paper element from the coordinating paper pad.


I die cut part of a circle for this card.  I added it to a card base that was covered with a coordinated piece of pattern paper.  A strip of paper was added on the edge.  Hugs was die cut and added at an angle to the pie.


This card is just a simple rectangle that was die cut.   I added a die cut sentiment which is sitting on top of a piece of vellum.  I  thought the upper right corner needed a little something extra so added a partial circle of the same paper that was in the lower left corner.


I still want to try the watercolor technique.  I have a new set of watercolors so that might be fun to experiment with it.

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: