Sunday, April 26, 2020

Rainbows and Sunshine

I had to do some online shopping and buy this cute rainbow stamp from Concord and 9th and then I had to make a card - well actually I am making eith cards because right now people need a few rainbows and sunshine. 

The sketch from Paper Players this weeks worked out perfectly for using elements from my new stamp and die set.

Here is the sketch.


I first stamped the rainbow with Gina K Inks.  I went with a pastel rainbow rather than a bright primary colored rainbow.  I then stamped the sentiment on the rainbow and die cut this element out.  I matted it with a coordinating color from the rainbow.  I added color of my mat with one of the inks from the rainbow.  (I do have a problem with plain white backgrounds.)  I matted this piece with a coordinating color of card stock.  I also stamped the black x's in the lower left corner.  The last thing I did was die cut the sun out of gold mirror card stock.  I then layered everything on a white card base.


I really do like how this card turned out.  I am glad I was able to get the stamp and coordinating dies.  I will brighten 8 people's mail in the upcoming weeks.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

What an incredibly HAPPY card!!! Fantastic!

Allisa said...

Such a fun card, I love the sun peaking out across the top! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Terri J said...

I love this card, it is so bright and cheery!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Adorable Barb! Love the cheerful colors. Thanks so much for joining us the week over at The Paper Players!