Friday, April 10, 2020

Seize the Spring Fling Birthday

I needed to make a birthday card. A sorority sister of my daughter's asked on Facebook is people could send her Mom a birthday card since her birthday is during these upsetting times and they can not be with her to celebrate.

Of course I said I would do it.  I really don't need an excuse to make a card and I sure have the time right now. 

The current challenge at Seize the Birthday is Spring Fling

This stamp is a Dina Wakely stamp.  I received a birthday card last year and a friend had used this stamp.  I had to have it and it is so fun to play with.

This was stamped on watercolor paper and colored with watercolors.  I couldn't get enough depth of color so I was wishing I had all the colored pencils that are at my daughter's.  Well they are there and I am here but I did find my Ink Intense pencils.  I just colored them into different areas to add for depth of color.  I really liked how it turned out and I used a not very often used craft item which I had to have at one time. 

I really wish I would remember to do a wash on my paper before I stamp the images because it is so hard to add after you have done your coloring.  I mixed up some very diluted blue watercolor and then took a piece of acetate and just blopped it around the image.  The sentiment which was heat embossed on vellum is strategically placed over an area where the red ran a little.  Whew - I was able to fix that mistake.

I then added gold splatters to finish the card.  


Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Glenda J said...

This is so beautiful! The depth of colour on the flowers is perfect. You did such a great job on everything on this card - great to do a vellum sentiment to make sure you can see all of the flowers. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.